Submissions for 2018 Now Open!
Enter your film to the Houston Latino Film Festival
The Houston Latino Film Festival is open to professional and non-professional filmmakers working in the United States or abroad. Eligible entries must have been produced between 2016 to the present, have a Latino(a) in an "above the line" position (Producer, Director or Writer) and/or subject matter must have a relevant theme to the Latino/Hispanic community. All film genres are eligible: documentary, narrative, animation and experimental.
Submission requirements. Please read carefully:
- All films submitted must be in final cut form.
- All films must have English subtitles for all non-English language entries.
- All submission requirements must be received by the deadline, Thursday, February 1st, 2018 . No late submissions past the Late Deadline will be accepted. All submissions must be submitted online at: https://filmfreeway.com/festival/HoustonLatinoFilmFestival.
- Payment MUST be in ($) US dollars. International entrants who do not pay by credit card must use an international money order paid in ($) US dollars through a US bank. Payments must be made to the HOUSTON LATINO FILM FESTIVAL.
- Format: Refer to filmfreeway.com/help for video format options. DVDs will not be accepted.
- Fee Waivers and Discounts for residents from Houston, TX. Request at email@example.com.
- Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release forms, clearances, and permits necessary to present their work. The Houston Latino Film Festival is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work.
- WE WILL NOTIFY YOU VIA EMAIL WHEN WE RECEIVE YOUR SUBMISSION. If you do not receive an email from us or FilmFreeway, then we did not receive your submission. If your film is accepted to the festival, we will notify you via email with instructions for press materials.
Entry fees are per each film and are non-refundable. The Houston Latino Film Festival reserves the right to disqualify a submission, without refund of any kind, if eligibility requirements are not met including if eligibility status changes post-submission. Short Films are films 30 minutes or less.